Effective November 24, 2020: While City Hall is currently closed to the public, City Staff remain available during normal business hours to continue all City Services via phone, email, or walk-up service window. We encourage residents to utilize the drive-up/walk-up drop box located on Greenwood Street, or the walk-up service window located just outside the entrance to City Hall, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
The City of Grand Ledge is taking a number of precautionary mitigation strategy measures to deter the spread of COVID-19. Please be advised of the following temporary measures:
- Effective November 24, 2020: City Hall is closed to the public, but City Staff remain available for all City services via walk-up service window, phone, or email during normal business hours.
- We encourage residents and businesses to utilize mail, drive-up drop-box, and walk-up window (PNG) at City Hall for payments, permits, applications, and any other correspondence. Residents and businesses are encouraged to utilize online options through our website.
- Alterations at City Hall
- Building Department Updates
- Parks & Amenities
- Police Department
- Water Service & Payments
- Rental of City Hall facilities are postponed until further notice (including the Senior Meal Room).
- Permits may be applied for by using the drop box or walk-up service window. Permits are also accepted via mail or by emailing permits to the Building Department (please note your permit will not be issued until payment is received).
- Trades permit may also be pulled online via our permit search tool.
- Please continue to use our designated inspection line: 517-277-0700.
- Permit applications and additional information can be found on the Building Department page.
- Per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations, please maintain 6-foot social distancing measures when utilizing parks, trails, and sidewalks.
- Rental of City Parks/Amenities is permitted. To access the Standard Rental Application for Parks Facilities and check availability, visit our Park and Facility Rental page.
- Playgrounds and recreation structures at parks remain unsanitized (PNG); please use at your own risk (sound garden, railings, benches, picnic tables, grills, dock, steps, etc.).
- The Recycling Center is open under winter operating hours: Wednesdays, 3 pm to 7 pm. The Compost Center is closed through the end of March 2021. For information on how to purchase the required annual vehicle pass to enter the Compost Center, please visit the Compost Center Guidelines page.
- Granger Recycling service is accepting self-haul recycling and yard waste at the Wood Road facility. Self-haul yard waste disposal is a paid service with only credit cards accepted. Self-haul recycling services are free of charge. Check Granger's Lansing Disposal Center website for more information.
- Effective November 24, 2020, the Police Department lobby is closed to the public. For non-emergency services, staff will continue to be available during normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, and may be reached by phone for non-emergency police assistance at 517-627-2115. For emergencies, please call 911.
- Please call 517-627-2115 to arrange for prescription drug drop-off, Preliminary Breath Test administering, and other in-person services.
- The Police Department will continue to provide police service to the businesses and citizens of Grand Ledge (PNG), however, we will be limiting our in-person response to high-priority calls. For emergencies, please call 911. If you need non-emergency police assistance please contact us at 517-627-2115, or via Police Department email.
- Parking tickets, parking passes, and other Police Department payments can be made via mail and dropbox.
- On-street, overnight parking is permitted (PNG) until further notice.
- Curfew Reminder (PNG): Minors under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult over 21 years between the hours of 10 pm to 6 am.
- Utility payments will be accepted by drive-up drop box (located on Greenwood Street), at the new walk-up window (PNG), in the mail, through online payments or auto-pay, and over the phone using a credit card.
- Residents should only flush toilet paper. No other items should be flushed at any time. View the "No Wipes in Pipes" Notice (PNG).