- Construction & Project Updates
- Completed Projects
- 2018 Cugino's Parking Lot
Cugino's Parking Lot
Parking lot improvements complete!
Percentage Complete: 100%
- April 4, 2018: On April 9, 2018 parking lot improvements are scheduled to begin. All businesses will remain open. NOTICE TO BUSINESS OWNERS
- April 18, 2018: Crews will begin digging the foundation tomorrow, on April 19th, 2018, and work to locate existing utilities for the proper connections near the Jefferson entrance to the lot. Work on the new parking lot wall barrier has also begun.
- May 15, 2018: Work on the decorative barrier wall between residential property and the parking lot is underway. This will be completed prior to removing existing asphalt.
- June 14, 2018: Crews are removing existing pavement and preparation will begin on the foundation. The parking lot will be COMPLETELY CLOSED to traffic. Expect a right lane closure on eastbound Jefferson St. at the Bridge St. intersection.
- June 27, 2018: A lane closure is now in place for the right lane on eastbound Jefferson at the Bridge Street intersection. Crews are widening the sidewalk in this location. Crews are also working on coordinating utilities and prepping the lot for a gravel base early next week.
- July 10, 2018: Work on the sidewalk widening is in progress, as crews are setting the foundation and pouring concrete. Traffic in this area may be affected at times, please use caution while navigating the area.
- July 17, 2018: The gravel base has been set and crew will work the next few days to pave the parking lot.
- July 24, 2018: Paving is completed and crews are prepping to stripe the parking lot. Please note that the parking lot is still closed to all traffic.
- July 27, 2018: The Cugino's lot is open! Crews will still be blocking off various parking spots for restoration, fence work, and lighting work, to close out the project. We sincerely thank you for your patience and continuing to enjoy our downtown area despite the construction obstacles!
Project Summary & Location
Coming soon, a beautifully renovated parking lot behind Cugino's and Cancun! Beginning April 9, 2018, the parking lots located between Scott and Jefferson Streets will be closed to traffic and parking as major reconstruction is tentatively scheduled to begin. Parking will not be permitted during the construction; please find alternative public parking options, including the newly renovated library parking lot. Construction is expected to be completed by mid-July. Please use caution while navigating around the construction site.
The parking lot improvements will better accommodate parking, improve traffic flow, and increase pedestrian-friendly walkways. We love downtown Grand Ledge as much as you do; we will try to keep as much access to the parking lot available as possible. Thank you for your patience as we work together to improve the infrastructure critical to our collective success!