Green Street Reconstruction
Green Street construction is in progress!
Percentage Complete: 100%
- June 15, 2018: Reconstruction of Green Street is scheduled to begin Monday, June 18, 2018, from Jones Street to Seminary Street. The project is anticipated to take approximately six weeks (weather dependent). View the Resident Construction Notice (PDF).Resident Construction Notice (PDF
- June 29, 2018: Sanitary sewer mainline work will be completed this week. Next week, sanitary lead work will begin, as well as water main replacement. Curb, sidewalk, and road restoration will then continue over a three week time period.
- July 23, 2018: 8 am to Low or Reduced Water Pressure Notice (PNG) - Update 11 am: Please note that water pressure has been restored near the Green Street construction project. When pressure is restored, it can move naturally occurring sediment through the water lines. As a result, residents in this area may experience discoloration in their water. If you experience any discoloration, please wait approximately 30 minutes, then run cold water in a sink or bathtub until clear. We encourage residents to postpone laundry until running water is clear.
- July 28, 2018: Water Service Interruption and Boil Water Advisory Begins Monday, July 30 (PDF)
- August 6, 2018: Curb, driveway approach, and sidewalk reconstruction is anticipated to begin Wednesday, August 8, 2018. During this time residents may have limited access to their driveways but can park on Green Street in front of their homes. View the August 6, 2018 Resident Notice (PDF).
Project Summary & Location
Green Street from the Jones Street intersection to a point 90 feet south of Seminary will be reconstructed. The project will include water main replacement (including water services to the shut-off near the sidewalk), storm water drainage improvements, and street reconstruction. The street portion of the project will include removal of the existing surface, installation of a sand and gravel road base, and application of new pavement. The existing curb, gutter, and driveway approaches on the east and west sides of Green St. will also be replaced as part of the work.