- Construction & Project Updates
- Completed Projects
- 2018 Splashpad Construction
2018 Splashpad Construction
Construction on the Grand Ledge Splashpad is finished! We invite you to come cool off!
Percentage Complete: 100%
- April 25, 2018: Crews have staked out the approximate location for the Splashpad. Pre-construction meetings and appropriate utility location is in progress.
- May 24, 2018: Excavation has started for the Splashpad, including preparation for the rock wall seating area.
- May 29, 2018: A concrete foundation is being poured and prepared for the construction of the rock wall seating area.
- June 14, 2018: The rock wall seating area is finished! Crews are prepping the site for plumbing installation (tentatively scheduled for June 20th), and upon completion, the site will be prepped for pouring concrete in the splashpad area.
- June 29, 2018: The universally (and ADA [Americans with Disabilities Act] compliant) sidewalk and retaining slopes are being constructed. Plumbing installation is tentatively scheduled for the week of July 15th, and concrete work will follow.
- July 13, 2018: The rock wall has been extended to allow for proper retention due to the grade, and cleaned. Topsoil has been added to the areas surrounding the splashpad foundation.
- July 17, 2018: Crews are planning on pouring concrete near the end of the week, weather dependent. Update July 20, 2018: Due to the forecast, crews are rescheduling and planning to pour at the end of next week, tentatively Thursday, July 26, 2018.
- July 25, 2018: Crews are pouring concrete! The splashpad is visually starting to take shape!
- August 1, 2018: Restoration efforts are underway as crews are laying grass seed and putting the final touches on the area. The ADA parking spots and curb cut are being prepared.
- August 8, 2018: The splashpad grand opening is scheduled for Monday, August 13, 2018 at 11 am!
Project Summary & Location
Coming soon, preliminary construction on the GL Splashpad has begun at Jaycee Park! The area around where the splashpad will be installed has been staked in preparation for excavation. While Jaycee Park will remain open to the public during construction, please utilize other areas of the park as construction begins to allow crews to work as efficiently as possible. Please use caution while navigating around the construction site. We love Jaycee Park as much as you do and are committed to bringing this project together just as quickly as possible. We anticipate the splashpad being ready for use this summer! Thank you for your patience as we work together to make the Jaycee Park Master Plan a reality for our collective benefit!