2020 Lamson / Liberty / East Kent
As of November 2020, final paving is complete on the last segment of Lamson Street (Park to Jenne). Thank you for your patience!
Percentage Complete: 100%
The following are notices that have gone out to residents in the project areas:
- April 10, 2020 - Project Beginning (PDF)
- May 26, 2020 - East Kent Residents (PDF)
- June 11, 2020 - 16 Homes in Boil Water Area (Lifted) (PDF)
- June 12, 2020 - 18 Homes in Boil Water Area (Lifted) (PDF)
- June 15, 2020 - 6 Homes in Boil Water Area (Cancelled) (PDF)
- June 16, 2020 - 21 Homes in Emergency Boil Area (Lifted) (PDF)
- July 8, 2020 - Liberty: Concrete Curb, Driveway Interruption (PDF)
- July 30, 2020 - Driveway Interruptions - Paving: Liberty and Taylor (PDF)
- August 14, 2020 - Lamson, Taylor, Liberty: Concrete Curb, Driveway Interruption (PDF)
- September 16, 2020 - East Kent Driveway Interruptions (PDF)
- October 6, 2020 - Lamson (Park to Jenne) Driveway Interruptions (PDF)
- October 7, 2020 - Driveway Interruptions - Select Residents on Lamson (PDF)
- October 8, 2020 - Multiple Streets - Paving Driveway Interruptions (PDF)
Functioning critical infrastructure is imperative during the response to the COVID-19 emergency for both public health and safety, as well as community well-being. The age and condition of the water and sewer systems in this project area deem this project critical. We understand that many in this area are home during the day or have additional family members home. The City of Grand Ledge is committed to limiting the impacts your household may experience as a result of this project. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation.
- East Kent Street (Degroff to Jenne)
- East South Street (East Kent to Park)
- Lamson Street (East Kent to Jenne)
- Liberty Street (East Kent to Scott)
- Taylor Street (Lamson to Jenne)
The project will include water main replacement (including water services to the shut-off near the sidewalk), city sanitary sewer replacement, storm water drainage improvements, and street reconstruction. The street portion of the project will include removal of the existing surface, installation of a sand and gravel road base, and application of new pavement. The existing curb, gutter, and driveway approaches in the project area will also be replaced as part of the work. The contractor for the project is E.T. Mackenzie, Co., of Grand Ledge, Michigan.
While many portions of each street project will happen simultaneously, a large portion of active construction will happen on one street at a time, in phases as follows:
- Phase I: Liberty Street (East Kent to Scott) (April 13 to August 1)
- Phase II: Lamson Street (East Kent to Jenne) / Taylor Street (Lamson to Jenne) (May 4 to September 1)
- Phase III: East Kent Street (Degroff to Jenne) / East South Street (East Kent to Park) (June 1 to October 1)
Please note East South and Taylor are full street removals and minor concrete repairs, but will not include infrastructure replacement. Weather conditions, especially rain, can impact the start and/or completion of the construction project, please understand the schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Note for Residents
Vibrations caused by soil compaction during construction may cause slight water discoloration in your home. The discoloration is caused by sediment and natural minerals deposits coming loose in water lines. The discoloration does not pose a safety concern and can be flushed by waiting approximately 30 minutes for crews to stop work, or move from the area, then run cold water in a sink or bathtub until clear. Thank you for your patience!