Compost Center Guidelines
Annual Vehicle Passes for Compost Center
Use of the compost center is open to everyone. An annual pass (good for the calendar year) in the form of a windshield sticker is required for entry.
2023 NOTE: Due to the extensive storm cleanup efforts, the sale of NON-RESIDENT compost passes is suspended.
Get a Pass at City Hall
The annual pass is available at Grand Ledge City Hall; passes are no longer being sold on-site at the compost center. Proof of residency is required in the form of a picture ID. An applicant may purchase a maximum of two annual passes.
Stickers can be purchased by visiting the City Hall walk-up window or lobby at:
310 Greenwood Street
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm
Get a Pass by Mail
To receive a 2023 vehicle pass in the mail, the following must be submitted:
- Phone Number
- Driver's License Number
- Check made out to the "City of Grand Ledge" ($40 for City of Grand Ledge residents or $125 for non-residents)
Vehicle pass stickers will be mailed to the address included with the check within 48 hours of receipt. Passes must be affixed to the bottom-left portion of the vehicle's windshield to enter the Compost Center.
- City of Grand Ledge residents may purchase a compost center annual pass for $40.
Non-Residents may purchase a compost center annual pass for $125.Currently suspended due to the August 2023 storm cleanup efforts.
- City of Grand Ledge residents may purchase a 7-day compost center pass. The 7-day pass is available at City Hall for $25.
Replacing a Pass
If you sell your vehicle or have the windshield replaced, please remove the existing sticker (as much of it as can be removed) and bring it to City Hall where it can be replaced at no charge.
Visiting the Compost Center
An attendant is on-site at the Compost Center during hours of operation and will oversee the disposal of yard waste. All vehicles entering the facility must stop upon entering and display an annual pass to the attendant. The attendant will also check all loads to ensure only acceptable materials are dropped off.
- Yard Waste from commercial haulers and landscape contractors is not allowed.
- Dump trucks and dump trailers are not permitted in the compost center.
- An Annual Vehicle Pass is required to enter the Compost Center.
- Leaves, grass clippings, weeds, garden waste
- Limbs and branches smaller than 8 inches in diameter
- Paper lawn bags
- Shrubbery and hedge clippings
- Limbs and branches larger than 8 inches in diameter
- Lumber or other construction materials
- Yard waste in plastic bags