GL Splashpad at Jaycee Park
Directions to the GL Splashpad located on East River Street
Welcome to the GL Spashpad at Jaycee Park! The GL Splashpad offers 2,000 square feet with 19 water sprays all within a universally accessible and universally fun play area!
How does it work?
The water spray operates on a timer that is activated with the simple touch of a large button on the 3-foot high bollard located at the southwest side of the splashpad. Higher sprays are located on the north end and lower sprays are located on the south end of the splashpad to accommodate various ages, abilities, and preferences of users.
Is it easy to access?
There are over 100 parking spaces on East River Street, along with 8-dedicated handicap-accessible car/van spots. The connecting sidewalk to the GL Splashpad is ADA-accessible.
How much does it cost to use the GL Splashpad?
There is no charge to utilize the GL Splashpad.
When is it open?
The GL Splashpad is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, 7-days a week, from 10 AM to 8 PM. Unexpected closures will be posted on this webpage as well as on the City of Grand Ledge's Facebook page (City of Grand Ledge Government).
Are bathrooms nearby?
Portable, ADA-accessible bathrooms are located in two (2) areas within Jaycee Park and permanent bathrooms, open seasonally, are located on East River Street near the Performance Shelter.
GL Splashpad History
In 2017, tremendous community support helped the City surpass the original fundraising goal and raise $54,865 in 60-days. These generous donations (80% of the total donations were from kind supporters giving less than $100) provided the matching funds necessary to receive $66,666 from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation and the mParks Foundation. With $121,531, the GL Splashpad came to life in August 2018, with the help of dozens of excited kids and parents attending the grand opening.
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Animals are not allowed in the splashpad area at any time
- Bathing, soap, detergent, or shampoo is not allowed
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Infants and toddlers must wear swim diapers
- No climbing on the fence
- No food, drinks, or glass containers on the concrete of the splashpad
- No scooters, skateboards, or rollerblades in the splashpad area
- The splashpad is a tobacco-free zone; no smoking, chewing, or vaping
- Those engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>